Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review of the First Final: Kudos to Kula and the Tail for Bringing it So Close..

Image Source


When the Aussies scored 321 , I thought we were gone. Then at 144 for 6 I again switched the channel of my tv and watched a freaking magic show instead. All of a sudden, my dad said to watch the match and then I watched it till the end. What a Match it was. What a Performance by our Sri Lankan Lions.
322 was a formidable target set by the Aussies on a swinging Gabba pitch , the last two group games played here was all one sided and when our 6th wicket felt, I thought it was going to be the same thinking that our team had given it all on Friday and could be excused for 1 match only.  Yet, that was not to be. Enter Nuwan Kulasekera and Upul Tharanga.

What a partnership it was. Scoring around 13 runs per over and finally showing that the batting powerplay is not about giving wickets but scoring runs; it was just amazing to watch. The shots played by Kula was simply amazing . As Sanjay Manjrekar said on air,  it was simply Viv Richards style. Those 3 sixes he hit was simply amazing. Suddenly, I started to believe, the whole nation started to believe we could win this match.

Micheal Clarke had a worried face and was scared that lightning might strike twice in 3 nights. It was going to happen until Kula got out, but then came Prasad and supported Tharanga magnificently. His six against Brett Lee was simply AWESOME !. You won't see such a shot again in your life time.

Unfortunately for us, Tharanga got out at the wrong time and Malinga wasted several deliveries in the 49th over which put too much pressure on him in the last over.Yet we fought till the end and simply gave those Aussies the fright of their lives. We got their number for sure. I am pretty sure we can win in Adelaide and win this series 2-1. This team can really do it.

Even if they fail to do it , we should be damn proud of our boys. Kula was simply brilliant and for me he is our  "Smiling Assassin ". He is the most underrated cricketer in our team and for me, he is the best bowler of our team though Malinga has the higher number of wickets which has given him more prominence.  Hopefully, Angelo will be fit for the next game and might replace Maharoof. We should add Senanayaka too , who are we going to drop to take him in ?  That I am not sure. The only person I can think of is , Malinga.

Overall , A Great Performance by out Boys and I am sure the whole country is proud of them despite the loss. Mahela is captaining the team magnificently and the team is showing that confidence through their efforts on the field.

Can't Wait for Adelaide now. I am pretty sure we are going to win .

Go Sri Lanka !!

Cheers !!

No comments:

Post a Comment